Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Attempt at a Catch Up -- More to Come

So I know I have been extremely horrible about catching everyone up with what is going on in life. We've been just a little busy. We have finally made it to Illinois. Mostly unpacked and having a good time trying to adjust to the HUMIDITY!!!!

The house is wonderful. Lots of space - we hardly know what to do with it all - so used to being in just one or two rooms. Now we have dozens :)

Craig starts teaching in a couple of weeks. He's very excited to start. I am having fun getting to know the town (and all it's shopping to craig's demise). Caleb is loving having space to run around. He loves to water his backyard - himself too usually.

So - just for a little bit of catch up I'm posting two videos. I'll post more pics later - but for now I can get this up.

1) Toy Heaven. So our subdivision happened to have a subdivision yard sale where the entire subdivision had garage / yard sales. There were about 50 homes participating. So, caleb and I woke up early and headed out. We spent about $90 but had a blast and brought home a ton for mister CALEB!!! He loves his new slide and car.



2) Swimming at PaPa Gardner's. Just before we moved, my parents were gracious enough to allow us to stay there for a few months. It helped us out tremendously. Well, Papa has a pool. Caleb loves the water like nothing else, so almost everyday we had to take him swimming. Here's one of the video's we captured. No laughing at the woman holding the child!!

6 comments:

The Yates Family said...

Okay, so first of all, thanks for rubbing it in my face about your beautiful green, lush backyard. I pppppbbbbffftttt in your general direction! :) I am so glad you guys are getting settled in. WE MISS YOUR STINKIN' GUTS THOUGH! Jocey talks every day about the boat and her Caleb (which she now insists is Caylee's name) and Uncle Craig. Don't take offense, she associates Craig with the boat. She's her daddy's girl - it's ALWAYS ABOUT THE BOAT! :) Post pics when you can.

The Burgeners said...

Wow I have been very interested to see what you guy shave been up to. It looks like you guys are going to be just fine...so weird to think you aren't in ABQ anymore! I wish you guys the best of luck. I really look froward to seeing all of your pictures. Take Care!

Holly Park said...

Finally! We've been waiting for an update to see how you guys are doing! It sounds like you're adjusting well, though! I'm excited to see more pics of the place!

Nicole said...

Wow and I was sooo gonna give you crap when we talked eariler about NOT posting! haha! I miss you guys! So sad I saw you for like an hour!!

Alicia and Peter Empey said...

Hello, there you guys are! I have missed you :) Congratulations on making the big move, and getting into your house. I love that car of Caleb's. Those were the best!

Anonymous said...

Hey Caroline! I am glad I found your blog!! I am glad to see that you are settled in and liking your new adventure...we will sure miss you guys!!