Monday, April 27, 2009

Major Catch Up - Sorry for the LONG POST

I feel like I have neglected the blog a little. A lot is going on, but not a lot that we have taken pictures of. But here are some fun pics and videos to catch everyone up. Hope no one mines the extra LONG posting.

GOLF ANYONE?
So Caleb has decided he is rather fond of golf clubs. Craig broke out the putting green and the two of them played for quite some time. We even bought Caleb his own little set of clubs later on that week. He uses them regularly. Who knows - maybe he'll be the next Tiger Woods! (For videos, send me a note and I'll post them or send them to you.)


PARK DAYS!
Lately we have been taking Caleb to the park to play. He really loves it. At first it was fun to play with the dirt and sand. Then it was cool to bang on the different parts of the playground. Now, it's climb, climb, climb and go down the slide. The first few times on the slide he hated it. But now he goes down all by himself. What a big boy.






CRAIG'S BIRTHDAY
Craig is officially older than me again! He's 31. Last year, Melissa was here and we tried to put together a little party at the house. We even baked cakes and everything. But Craig woke up super sick and then got everyone else sick. He claims his body was rejecting 30. So this year I had a surprise party planned. Everyone was ready. I cooked a nice dinner... had plans to take him for a walk right before the party so everyone could sneak in and surprise him. The party was scheduled for 7p and I thought we'd go about 6:30p for our walk. At 5p Craig wanted to go. I couldn't convince him otherwise. I was panicked trying to find whatever excuses I could to stay longer, to no avail. So we went to the park. I sent a text message to a few people to see if they'd meet us there thinking that might keep us there longer. I had a lot of time to kill. Thankfully the Eyres showed up and we were able to drag our feet until a little after 7p before getting back. My feet were definately tired. Craig knew something was up because of all the cars he recognized in the parking lot. But it was fun. I had Mylynn help me make his birthday cake. It was a two layer cake shaped as a baseball. Of course I totally forgot to take any pictures. I surprised him with his birthday gifts too. The picture that says it all is of Sherman who crashed during the party because he was so tired from WALKING for 2 hours.

SCRAPBOOK FUN
I finally did two whole pages on my own. They aren't the best...but it was fun to try to get it started. I can't wait to have a little more time on my hands to actually get caught up. Don't mind the glare on the photo... it was hard to take...but you get the idea.


SUNDAY FUN
So I had some fun last sunday just filming Caleb. He's such a busy body anymore. I'll only post one of the four...but if you want more, send me a note and I'll send them to you.




Wii FUN
We borrowed my parents Wii to help Craig destress through these last few months. Needless to say it hasn't been returned yet. Craig loves it, but Caleb loves it even more. He has to have a controller in his hand and thinks he's playing along. It's really quite cute. (If you want to see a video, send me a note....it's cute)


THE TONGUE
Caleb has started a phase of having his tongue out all the time. It's really funny. He tries to talk with it and everything. Craig said he used to do that as a child. Caleb is more and more like Craig every day.


BIG BOY BEDTIME
My little Caleb is growing up so fast. Craig keeps reminding me that he isn't a baby anymore...he's a toddler. It makes me sad. I miss my little baby. But Caleb is adorable and fun to watch grow. We've had the worst time with sleep training, but have noticed that when he's in a real bed he sleeps fine...it's the crib that doesn't work. So we converted his crib into a big boy bed. He loves it. When he wakes up he just gets out and comes to get us. He doesn't fight us when it's time for sleep. Even in the middle of the night last night he came out looking for us. Granted he went to the living room and not the bedroom...but he's learning. It makes a big difference. Now if we could only eliminate the middle of the night wake ups...we'd be golden.

4 comments:

Holly Park said...

Wow! He is sure growing up! Even before the tongue bit, I was thinking he was definitely Craig's son! I can't believe he's graduated to the big boy bed!! I am going to be glad I didn't spend a lot on our cribs:)

Alicia and Peter Empey said...

How fun on the slide! I can't wait until Lizzy likes to play at the park. The last time we tried to put her on a slide, she wasn't too happy about it. But the weather is warming up, so I think it's time to find a good park. Happy birthday to Craig :)

Adam and Christine said...

Once I saw the picture of the tounge I just laughed. That is so my brother. We have a great shot of Craig doing it in the Newspaper when he was little. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Jon Yates said...

Hello Broadbent better half! Where did you go? You don't write, you don't call, we need to talk to you guys! I want to make sure lobster and caviar are ok for our lake trip! I've preordered the caviar from Bulgaria, but I need your portion of the payment so I can order the lobster from Maine. It should be delish! Could you pick up a bottle of champagne on your way up to Utah? I'm sure Craig's parents wouldn't mind storing it for a few days. :) (if ya didn't get the sarcasm, CALL US!)
-Cat