We thought it would be fun to try out the local things to do since we can't do a lot of traveling. There was a church carnival with rides and a petting zoo. We thought we'd go and see how caleb enjoyed it. Unfortunately all the rides were geared for older kids. The ones that he could go on, he'd have to do alone and he just isn't quite ready for that. We did a tea cup ride first. That went ok. Then I took him on the tilt a whirl. Poor kid was screaming all done half way through. It went a little to fast for him. Then daddy scared him on the ferris wheel. The only ride he enjoyed was the merry go round. Poor kid. Guess we just have to wait a little while longer till he's older. Either that or he's just too much like his daddy!
All of our hard work and effort of building our garden is starting to pay off. Our tomato and broccoli plants are huge. We've never seen such great growth. It's exciting. We got our first fruits of fresh broccoli last night! Oh was it delicious. So much better than what we bought at the farmer's market! We have a fresh zucchini too! So exciting. Can't wait for the rest of the produce!
This is just a cute picture of my boys lounging in the grass! I love moments like this!
As part of our summer we've been doing some redecorating I guess! I have kept daddy out in the garage building furniture and I've been using my cricut to decorate with vinyl in the basement. We put up ABC's, numbers and shapes! The yellow color is a little faint, but it's fun. Caleb likes pointing out the letters and numbers. Not sure I'm in love with the way the shapes are on the wall...I may have to fix those. We also finally got my awesome Mexican art framed and hung after like 5 years. And my sister made this awesome name picture for me for Christmas. (HUGE as it may be) It looks great in our family room in the basement. She's so talented!!
Craig built the craft desk first! It is wonderful. Plenty of room for me to work on everything. Next he built the computer desk. Still finishing up building the file cabinet drawers for the bottom and the drawer faces, but it is really nice. The desk alone replaced three pieces of cheaper furniture. It is great.
That's it for now!
5 comments:
That sister of yours is so very talented- you should have her make more stuff for you!!! Ha- love all the changes you've made. I wish I could see it in person:)
Yay for new pictures!! Cute!!!
Love to hear all the good news! We are going to have to try to get Lizzy out in the water soon, it just cooled off again here. How is the pregnancy going? Hope everything is well. I should have just 10 more days until our baby is here, woo hoo!
Love the update! Is it me or is Caleb looking more and more like you?! Can't believe how big he's getting! Your house is looking great and I'm feeling very jealous of your good gardening skills! Hope you guys are well!
Can't believe how big Caleb is getting! The house looks great and so does your garden. And I'm super-jealous that you have a Cricut : )
Post a Comment