I normally don't post without pictures....but I am desperate for any suggestions and help! My poor little Caleb is teething... and not one at a time. He screams and screams and nothing seems to soothe him. He isn't sleeping either....not for naps or at night. I am so extremely tired. Anyone know any good tricks?
It's so hard to watch him just scream and know that nothing is making it any better. I hate to watch him suffer so.
6 comments:
Oh how sad! I'm still dreading that day for Kyle (he'll be 1 next month)- but some Tylenol pain reducer might help so he can get to sleep or cold foods/drinks during the day- applesauce, fruits, water. My older two loved chewing on the spoons with the rubber cover on it after feedings when they were teething. A wet washcloth is also good to let them suck on or just chew.
my sister in law has a remedy that she swears by. Children's liquid tylenol, put it on your finger and rub it on their gums and it numbs it a bit so it doesn't hurt. Says it works like a charm.
Carolyn, go to Walmart back in the baby section, and you'll find some homeopathic teething tablets. They're made by Hyland's. We started using these when Jocey was teething. They take away the pain, in fact that's the only way she naps when she is teething.
She also had a fever of 105 when she was teething, and we rotated tylenol and ibuprofen and that helped with the fever and the pain. It stinks, I know. Seriously, go get the teething tablets. Good luck.
Freezing the teething rings or letting them suck on a ice cube in the net thing that I gave you for their shower really seems to help.
The homeopathic teething tablets by Hyland's works wonders. In combination with that, I would suggest you use baby Tylenol or Motrim and also Baby Orajel. I did this with Gavin and it seemed to calmed him down. He currently now has six teeth with a very strong bite. Good luck.
Okay so I looked through all the comments and I too was going to suggest the teething tablets. We loved them and they "helped" with all three kiddos. With that being said, we did it all, tylenol, orajel, teething tablets and popsicles, and they still cry and don't sleep. It just puts off a little of the pain, atleast with mine it did. All kids are different. Good luck! And I hope it works.
Post a Comment