Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Hunt

Here is a cute video of our Easter.... nothing really spectacular...but it was nice and quiet at home. Just after I turned the camera off...Caleb started opening each egg... if it was chocolate he'd just close it back up, but if it had jelly beans he emptied it out onto the carpet and then took his stuffed sheep and tried to feed it the jelly beans. I wish I had caught that on video....but then the cutest moments are hard to capture.



Additional Updates:

Things around the Broadbent house are finally starting to return to normal. I am finally starting to feel better and think the weight is turning around too. I lost almost 20 lbs with this little one to start. I am still very very tired, but at least I can eat food!!! The baby is due Sept 18th...but we are hoping for an August baby since school cut offs are Sept 1.

Craig is close to finishing up the first year of teaching and is excited for the Fall. He's had a great year with students and really enjoys what he is doing.

I am keeping busy with the ward activities. Lots to do!!

We are looking forward to doing a little home updating -- at least to our yard! We are putting in our garden! I can't wait for FRESH VEGGIES!!! Who knows, with such a great growing climate we might just grow everything... :)

As for Caleb, he's getting to be so big. He talks all the time and is of course starting his Terrible 2's. He's really not that bad, but we are working on not hitting mommy, not throwing at mommy!!! (Such anger towards mommy) The things he says make me laugh all the time. In fact on Monday at the doctor's office, the doctor had no sooner been in the room for about a minute or so before Caleb says: "Bye, bye - see you later"... and kept repeating it until he actually finished up and left. He absolutely loves the park and swinging. He always wants to be outside. He really loves daddy's new car. Almost every day we have to let him climb in and honk the horn. It's really cute.

Things are going well. We miss friends and family...but we can't complain.

4 comments:

Holly Park said...

Yay for your garden--I am excited to see what you pull together considering the awesome veggies you grew on your apartment balcony (in Abq none the less!). Glad you're starting to feel better. Sounds like things are going really great!

Nicole said...

So cute!!!! What a talker, he is growing up so quick!!

Adam and Christine said...

So cute. He is getting so big. Can't wait to come out that way this summer and hopefully be able to see you. Once I get my exact schedule I will give you a call.

h51773 said...

I'm glad things are going well... I miss you, Craig, and Caleb. Take care!